Blagaj is a historic town located in the south-east of the river basin Mostar, Herzegovina-Neretva Canton in total national of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The area has characteristics Blagaj by the diversity on the ground and groundwater hydrology. Buna River is one of the largest and most beautiful place in the European Tour. Buna River is a clear demonstration of a river most underground limestone flows west about 9 km and the confluence with the river Neretva near the village of Buna.
Bunna River flowing from the cave beneath 200m high vertical cliff and blue creates a mix of sun and leaves skin beautiful. Natural beauty this place has mesmerized ruler of the Ottoman Empire (Turkey). He ordered the immediate construction of buildings Tekke, also known as the Islamic Dervish convent located next to the river Buna. Abbey was built for the Dervish sect gatherings and it also acts as a fact.
Architecture Tekke monastery oriental house attraction with striking bright colored, with one room upstairs and one in like a balcony above. All this is reflected on the surface of the deep blue river dreamily Buna. Today, buildings Blagaj Tekke is still one of the most mysterious places in the country Bosnia and Herzegovina, famous Sufi Muslim (Islam tantra, often understood as a mystical sect of Islam, appeared almost simultaneously with Muslims on the basis of neo-asceticism). The town of Blagaj European landscape paintings – 6 buildings Blagaj Tekke open to visitors year-round comfort.
Here there are restaurants serving cold drinks, tea and coffee Turkey in a beautiful garden overlooking the headwaters of the river Buna. Regions Blagaj is also famous for the variety of flora and some endemic species. At much lower under evergreen and deciduous shrubs. While at higher level, on the hill just sparse trees. Fertile arable land suitable for agriculture typical of the Mediterranean climate. Historic town’s remarkable ancient fortress Blagaj is located on the hill of Blagaj, is the home of the nobleman Stjepan Vukcic Herzegovinia region and also the birthplace of Queen Katarina -Kotromanic Kosaca of Bosnia region.
Fort was built on a limestone hill in Blagaj most prominent high and almost inaccessible because of height 310M on ink sea water. Blagaj Old Town is one of the most important towns of the clan lands Kosaca (family clan medieval quarter of rule many lands in Bosnia and Herzegovina between 14 and 15 century) surrounded with fortified walls, with several peaks match and the tower that today the remaining ruins. In historical sources Blagaj old city first mentioned in 1423. In the time of Emperor Ottoman, Blagaj is an administrative area, and is divided into several adjacent areas, including the mosque 7, 7 factories, 4 guest houses, inns and 4 2 stone bridge on the river Buna. By the time Austria – Hungary, organic introduced Christianity to the region have a formal church building was built in 1893 and a Roman Catholic church was built in 1908.
This first settlement is located feet Blagaj fortress, where the road runs down from the fort and intersects with Nevesinje. There are too few trades in Blagaj area and this is just a typical agricultural environment, so in this early stage does not arise in an urban area. It was not until the late 15th century early 16th century, the new urban structure is shaped. Blagaj became a town of urban structure rural cum most valuable in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The town of Blagaj history is distinguished from other similar structures in the urban layout in Bosnia and Herzegovina today . Blagaj reached the pinnacle of evolution in the 15th and 16th century, the building was built of stone and reached the highest level.