How do you think about your business? Are you motivated to take action everyday or do you put off what you really should be doing in favor of something that is easier?
I know full well what it is like having been in business for many years but the hardest part of anything is taking that initial action. And it doesn’t get any easier for the experienced marketer either when starting a new project, there are always going to be new skills you have to learn to get the results that you desire in this fast moving market.
If you truly want to be successful then you have to take a look inwards to find what drives and motivates you. Not everything you do will be a success but overcoming every small failure and keep moving forwards is the path to your ultimate goal.
There are those who can do this naturally, they are the entrepreneurs, the visionary’s who have the gift of tenacity and are self motivated all the time. For the most part we can all be like this at times, but keeping a laser focus on your goals whilst learning new skills, driving forward and overcoming obstacles can be very draining.
Motivation and inspiration is the fuel you need to keep moving.
If your reason why is big enough then you will find that drive inside you to do what needs to be done. If you need help along the way then refuel with motivational books and videos.
My top tips to keep yourself inspired and motivated.
- Post your favorite motivational quotes daily into social media. This will keep you searching for more quotes to post and by default you will be taking in a shot of motivation every day.
- Write your own quotes (See example above). Speak from the heart as though you are trying to motivate and inspire your best friend. What would you say to them? Keep a journal and write these down each day, the act of pushing someone else into action will also have an effect on your own unconscious mind creating more determination and resolve in yourself. Of course your own quotes can also be posted onto your social media to inspire your own friends and followers, this will set you apart from the crowd as someone people look to as a visionary and a leader.
- Watch videos on Youtube. There are a gazillion motivational videos out on the web, use these as a top up to boost your drive.
- Read daily. Buy books written by leaders in your industry. You may have heard the recommendation 10 pages a day, well that’s just fine, use that as a minimum guide but dont let it hold you back, if you want to take in more then read more. Te more you read the more you will learn, the more you know, the more success you will have.
- Follow blogs of leaders in your industry. This is a great source of information and for the most part it will be current and relevant to your needs.
- Get up early. If you are a late riser then you need to break the habit. The sooner you can rise in the morning the more you will have accomplished before most people have woken up. Taking early morning action is extremely productive and something I will go into more in future posts but for now just think how motivated you will feel if you have got half your daily tasks done before 9am? wont that just make you feel you own the day? You bet it does!
- Have a mentor. Befriend a leader in your industry and work with them to set out your goals, create a realistic action plan to achieve them. Every small goal you hit along the way will inspire and motivate you to reach the next. The fact that you worked with your mentor on your goals will drive you to achieve them. just having someone else knowing what you are driving for will push you harder as our self conscious and ego come into play in not wanting to look like a failure.
There are many more ways in which you can stay focused and motivated but my list ends here, you will find many more when you take action and begin you search for motivation. To help you out here are a couple of my favorite videos.
How incredibly successful people think Brendon BurchardBrendon really inspires, me in this video especially. Its a no excuses type talk about doing what you need to do to get where you want to be. Following the I can do anything if I put my mind to mentality, which of course is true You can!
A waste of life Rocky (1976)
This has to be the most powerful line in any movie I have ever watched. Ask yourself, are you in that situation? Are you just getting by making a living or are you wasting your life? Could you be so much more?
I know I can be which is why i have the motivation i need to drive everyday forwards. Should I feel my motivation begin to ebb, you know know what i do to get back on track and firing on all cylinders again.
I would love to hear your thoughts on the two videos I have chosen. What two videos or quotes would you have chosen? Please add in the comments below your favorite motivational quotes or movies it would be great to read them.
Taking a definitive action every day creates a habit, creating a habit that you can earn from is oh so much better and is a massive boost to your motivation.
Blogging is an ideal way to tie together all you social media strategies and adds to your web presence, check it out and let me know what you think.