Many of us face problems related to sun exposure. Moderate strength sunscreens such as earths almond aloe moisturizer with spf 15 could check premature wrinkles and sun burn. The presence of aloe and almond also help in retaining the skin moisture. For good result, apply the earths almond aloe moisturizer with spf 15 at least 20 minutes before going out.
Most of you might be aware that glowing skin can be achieved even at the comfort of your own home without spending big bucks. As homemade natural skin care works internally, it is wholesome in its approach. This means, it benefits the entire system including your skin. Also because homemade natural skin care products rely on easily available fresh fruits and vegetables, there is less chance of side effects than commercially available natural skin care products.
My 80-years-old granny has never gone to any beauty saloon, but still her glowing look can embarrass many younger women. Want to know, how? Let’s take a sneak-peak at some of her age-old recipes…
Top five natural skin care recipes
- Carrot and honey are great exfoliators, effective on any skin type. While honey is an excellent moisturizer, fresh organic carrot is rich in vitamins A, C and E. For this, finely grate a fresh carrot and mix it thoroughly with half a tablespoon of organic honey. Smear the paste evenly on your skin before leaving it for about 15 minutes. Now gently remove the dried mixture by washing with luke-warm water. For best result, repeat the treatment once every week.
- Regular skin cleansing is very important for healthy and glowing skin. As children, we have seen our granny steaming her face twice every week before retiring to bed. Steaming opens up clogged pores and loosens debris trapped deep into the skin. For this, heat up some water and pour it into a bowl. Some fresh herbs such as mint can be added for a refreshing aroma. With a small towel over your head (to prevent the steam from escaping), steam your face for about 10 minutes while maintaining a safe distance from the bowl.
- Applying a facial mask is great for skin tightening. Yogurt (a skin softener) and organic honey are considered a good mask for dry to oily skin. Mix one teaspoon of yogurt with a teaspoon of organic honey. You can also add a few drops of fresh lemon juice for excessively oily skin. Leave the mixture for about 15 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water. Gently pat dry your skin with a soft towel.
- Drinking at least 8 full glasses of water everyday is important for retaining youthful skin. Water is necessary for normal skin hydration and in flushing out toxins from the system.
- Another great skin care is drinking lukewarm water mixed with fresh lemon juice and honey, regularly first thing in the morning. Mix fresh juice of a lemon and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water. Being rich in vitamin C, lemon can promote collagen formation, while honey could retain natural moisture. Together, this could control wrinkles and black heads.